69??? Well, we had to celebrate Drunk Shakespeare style! Here’s to you, Othello and Desdemona! The final scene of Othello is a messy one, but hopefully Iago will get what’s coming to him. It’s unclear.
We hope you’ve enjoyed Othello. UP NEXT: Julia Caesar
Want to know more?
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fckshakespeare/
Tweet at us, if you must: @fckshakespod
Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fshakespeare
And if you are inclined to be a patron like Queen Elizabeth, you can support this podcast for as little as 99¢/month. Click the link below! Think of it like throwing money in the virtual hat while we crazy players do our little song and dance here. We thank you! (imagine us bowing now)
We don’t have a plan for the next thing. Want to cast your vote for the next play? DM us or email us: email@example.com — This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/fckshakespeare/support
• not believing what you see – Othello looking at Desdemona sleeping and forcing himself to think her a whore
• Iago’s refusal to speak in his own defense
• Othello’s weird last speech – the circumcised dog – telling of what he did to the enemy of the Venetian state and then doing it to himself, ie. he is the enemy of the Venetian state!
• Desdemona’s death is so problematic – how does someone speak after they are “dead?”
• pay attention to the word SLAVE and who it is used for